Completing the Enrollment Form
Here are some basic instructions to help you complete the enrollment form and begin investing for your retirement. You can also take advantage of MSRP’s EZ Enrollment – designed to quickly enroll you in MSRP based on your age.
In the plan types box, at the top right of the page:
- If you are a State of Maryland employee, check either 401(k) and/or 457(b). You may contribute to multiple plans while contributing to a 401(k) or 457(b). Please see the Plans Comparison Chart (PDF) for details.
- You may also contribute to an after-tax Roth option. Roth 401(k) and Roth 457(b) are both available. Please see the Plans Comparison Chart (PDF) for details.
- Only an employee of a State of Maryland educational institution may check 403(b). You may contribute to multiple plans while contributing to a 403(b). Please see the Plans Comparison Chart (PDF) for details.
Section 1 – Personal Information
- Please have a paystub on hand to complete your agency code
- Enter all of your personal information in the spaces provided
Section 2 – Type of Request
Make the appropriate selection:
- Check New if you are a new participant (or if you are opening a new account, for example you already have a 457(b) account but you are opening a 401(k) account)
- Check Reinstate if you are reopening your MSRP account
- Check Change Amount if you are a current participant and you’re changing your contribution amount
- Check Change Direction of Future Contribution if you are changing your investment elections (note this will not change how existing balances are invested)
Section 3 – Contribution Summary Per Pay
- In the NEW column, enter the dollar amount from each paycheck that you’d like to contribute to each category (if applicable)
- Enter the total amount on the TOTAL CONTRIBUTION PER PAY line
- You may write ASAP (“as soon as possible” - that is) rather than looking up a pay period ending date if you prefer
Section 4 – Contribution Frequency
- Check how often you’re paid
Section 5 – Catch-up Provision Utilized
- Check the appropriate option:
Important: If you fall into one of the categories below (age 50+, or three years from retirement), please contact us for more information on how much you can contribute to your Plan through these special provisions. See the contribution limits for a summary of the maximums.
- If you’re three years from the year you are eligible to retire and would like to take advantage of the traditional catch-up provision, select the Yes, 3-year box and enter your Normal Retirement Age, which is your age 3 years from now
- If you’re over the age of 50 and would like to take advantage of the 50+ catch-up provision, select the Yes, Age 50+ box
- If you don’t meet either of these criteria, or don’t want to take advantage of a catch-up provision, select the No box
- If you’d like to opt in to asset rebalancing, check the Enroll me in asset rebalancing box. If you have questions about asset rebalancing, please contact us.
Section 6 – Funding Options
Select your investment options and where you would like to deposit your contributions. Enter the percentage for each option you select. Be sure that the total adds up to 100%.
Section 7 – Beneficiary Designation
- Check the Plan box(es) that the beneficiaries will be assigned to
- Enter all Primary and Contingent beneficiary information
Section 8 – Signature of Participating Employee
Please read the agreement and sign your form. Get the help you need If you need help filling out the form or understanding funding options, Team MSRP can help!