Retirement is Near & You Feel Unsure
Are you close to retirement? Are you feeling less than confident that you may be financially prepared to retire when that time comes? It’s never too late to save or to increase your current contributions and we’re here to help. We have tips, tools, and educational materials to help show you what you can do to save a little more now, giving you some added confidence in your “later”.
Some materials and suggestions on what you can do now to help you understand how you can save more include:
Evaluating where you are now – Talk with a Team MSRP Retirement Specialist to get an account review to see where you really stand – once you have the facts and a plan in place, you’ll probably feel more confident about the future.
- Review the Retirement Checklist to see if you’re prepared to take payments.
- Learn about Transitioning From Investing to Spending, to learn how your spending habits could change as you enter retirement.
Look at consolidating all your qualifying outside funds – If you have funds with various previous employers or in Traditional IRAs, you can roll them into MSRP. This will consolidate all of your money in one place, making it easier for you to keep track of your investments now and provide a single source for payouts later. It’s simplicity and confidence in one step.
Qualified retirement plans, deferred compensation plans and individual retirement accounts are all different, including fees and when you can access funds. Assets rolled over from your outside account(s) may be subject to surrender charges, other fees and/or a 10% tax penalty if withdrawn before age 59½. Neither MSRP nor any of its representatives give legal or tax advice. Please contact your legal or tax advisor for such advice.
Play catch-up – Take advantage of special rules for public employees that may allow you to invest more in your Plan in the years leading up to retirement.
- Learn about the Benefits of Waiting to Retire, specifically the 50+ Catch-Up Option and the Special 457(b) Catch-Up Option available to public employees.
- Read about How to Start Receiving Income – see what payout options may work best for your personal situation.
Discover ways to invest more – You can still enroll in MSRP. Learn more about Why Should I Participate.
- Get an idea of Quality of Life in Retirement by balancing risks you face against the cost of waiting to invested with the Plan.
- Find out how to find more money to invest in your retirement.
We have additional articles and videos that may help you learn more about your options:
- Don’t Delay Investing for Your Retirement – Learn what benefits your plan offers.
- The Cost of Inflation - There are things that are out of your control. Learn more about how inflation may affect your savings.
- Social Security Reform – Recent talk of reform may impact your investments…learn more.
- Living Longer In Retirement – Many public sector employees retire early and may need to live 30 years or more on their savings.
- Market Risk – The market is ever-changing. Learn how to weather the storm.
Get the help you need
We’re here to help you understand what steps are available to you, and how you may be able to save more now for your upcoming retirement. If you have any questions, or just want to talk retirement planning, call our Team MSRP Retirement Specialists today – they are happy to help you. Information provided by Team MSRP Retirement Specialists is for educational purposes only and not intended as investment advice.
This material is not a recommendation to buy, sell, hold or roll over any asset, adopt an investment strategy, retain a specific investment manager or use a particular account type. It does not take into account the specific investment objectives, tax and financial condition or particular needs of any specific person. Investors should work with their financial professional to discuss their specific situation.